Old Town - History & Tales
This tour is the perfect way to start your trip & an excellent basis for our other tours, offering you the complete Edinburgh experience!
About The Tour
Covering everything from history to religion & folklore, this walking tour is our original tour of Edinburgh’s medieval Old Town. Our talented and entertaining guides will walk you through the streets and alleys of Auld Reekie while enthralling you with its history, folklore and tales!
Please Note - Children, aged 15 and under, will not be allowed to join the tour unless accompanied by a responsible adult
What You’ll See
Each of our guides brings their own unique style and interests to their tours. This means each tour will cover slightly different topics. These may include;
- The Mercat Cross
- St Giles Cathedral
- David Hume and the Scottish enlightenment
- Sir Walter Scott and the resurgence of Scottish national pride
- The National Museum
- Haggis, whisky, Irn Bru and deep fried Mars Bars
- Greyfriars Bobby
- Some Harry Potter inspirations
- The Grassmarket
- Edinburgh Castle (from the outside)
- Missed out on something? Be sure to ask your knowledgeable guide.
What to Bring
Please bring a copy of your confirmation email.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
Meeting Point Information
Cafe Nero on the Royal Mile beside the Adam Smith statue. This can be found at 192, High street, EH1 1RF.